'Elenora on Fraser' is situated in the laid-back, centrally located township of Happy Valley - the perfect base for your Fraser Island adventures.
Whether you catch the barge from Inskip Point or Hervey Bay, that's when your 4WD adventure to Fraser Island begins. From Inskip Point, you will travel for 55kms along golden beaches or from Hervey Bay you will travel through everchanging vegetation till you reach Happy Valley.
Happy Valley is very easygoing but with all the mod cons you need. The Retreat/shop has all the necessities should you forget something. They have fuel, ice & grocery items. There is also a licenced restaurant. Surrounded by sand dunes & bushland that is home to more than 200 species of bird & animal life, Happy Valley is certainly paradise for all visitors.
With Happy Valley being so central on the island, you can fill your days with endless activities. Varying from a swim in the refreshing waters of Eli Creek, to a picnic at Central Station or Lake Mackenzie. Then of course there are the days of just throwing a line in along the beaches to catch the night's dinner.
Elenora is a 2x bedroom fully self-contained unit which sleeps 5.
- 2 bedrooms - the main with a queen bed, & the second with 1 set of double bunks & a single bed. Doonas, pillows & blankets are supplied. TENANTS ARE TO SUPPLY OWN LINEN (sheets & towels).
- Large timber deck with a chargrill BBQ
- Fully equipped kitchen with toaster
- 520L fridge/freezer, gas stove/oven
- Lounge/dining room
- Free to air TV
- Flyscreens/security screens to all windows & doors
- Ceiling fans in bedrooms & lounge
- Fully automatic top loading washing machine
- Extra freezer for bait in outside room
- Mobile phone overage TELSTRA next G
The unit runs on a 24hr power system. Only the electrical appliances that are supplied are to be used, with an exception for medical equipment. OTHER ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES (EG. CAR FRIDGES, HAIRDRYERS, IRONS, FRYING PANS) ARE TOTALLY BANNED, AS THEY WILL CAUSE A DISRUPTION TO POWER SUPPLY.
**NOTE: Pricing is subject to change. Pricing is to be confirmed with owner on booking.
Go to www.bom.gov.au and type in WADDY POINT and the dates you require.
- INSKIP POINT. The barge runs all day & there is no need to book. You can purchase a barge ticket & beach permit together. Go to: www.mantarayfraserislandbarge.com.au
- HERVEY BAY. Departs from River Heads & needs to be booked. Go to: www.fraserislandbarge.com.au
You require a beach permit to drive on Fraser Island. Go to: www.derm.qld.gov.au/fraser